OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAM
Delve into the many socio-economic issues that have shaped South Africa’s turbulent history and form its dynamic present, and get first-hand insights on doing business in Africa’s powerhouse economy.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROGRAM
- visiting the Kliptown Youth Program NGO – interacting with the children in the program and discussing with the founder the impact of poverty on the disadvantaged and their strategies for youth empowerment
- learning first-hand about Apartheid from a man imprisoned with Nelson Mandela and visiting the Apartheid Museum, one of the most impactful museums in the world
- networking event and brainstorming session with team members of the Aluwani development organization about sustainable approaches and practices in rural regions
- experiencing the energy, gratitude, and humility of the locals and learning how they’ve endured over the course of time and are so optimistic about the future of their nation
- safari excursion to Pilanesberg Game Reserve
- plunging into the Atlantic and snorkeling with Cape Fur seals in Hout Bay
TOPICS COVERED DURING THE WEEK
- the role of social entrepreneurship in a culturally-diverse economy
- South Africa’s wine industry: innovation, empowerment, and impact propelling the industry into a global leader
- tackling healthcare challenges through community engagement
- black economic empowerment: fool’s gold or a pragmatic growth strategy to realize the country’s full potential?
- South Africa tomorrow: growth in turbulent times or stagnation on the horizon?