OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAM
Explore Estonia, a former Soviet republic, and its successful transition into a global leader in digitalization, and experience why Estonia’s innovative business ecosystem and advanced technical solutions serve as an inspiration to countries across the globe.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROGRAM
- learning how to bring innovative ideas to commercial success from renowned Estonian companies (e.g. Skype, Transferwise, Adcash)
- visiting Mektory Innovation Center and understanding how Estonia promotes innovation through links between academia and business
- experiencing the inspiring mechanism of the Estonian e-Health system
- learning about new strategies in the shared economy from Taxify
- immersing in Estonia’s culture and exquisite culinary scene during a foodie tour with 6-7 stops (eco-food store, deli-shop, wine terrace, etc.) combined with strolls along the historical cobblestone streets of Old Town Tallinn
- hopping on the ferry and venturing to Helsinki to admire its beautiful harbour and cathedral
TOPICS COVERED DURING THE WEEK
- escaping the Soviet shadow: Estonia forming relations with the west
- mechanisms of digitizing a society: the Estonian e-Health system
- shaping the future of urban transportation
- ‘the Baltic Silicon Valley’: Estonia becoming hottest tech-scene in the world through innovation, drive, and a pinch of Nordic humility?
- innovation in e-banking: building customer & investor trust by challenging age-old banking norms
- ensuring stable growth in Estonia with eco-innovative strategies