To examine the traditional and modern industries powering Central & Eastern Europe and the impact of innovation in the region.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROGRAM
- Examining the modernization of production techniques in traditional Czech industries (e.g. Pilsner Urquell & Skoda Auto)
- Discovering a global Czech enterprise (e.g. Avast) that successfully draws influence from Silicon Valley while maintaining its Czech heritage
- Meeting & networking with MBA students and alumni in Prague
- Dinner & wine tasting in centuries-old wine cellars and learning about the business of wine in the Czech Republic
- The beauty of Prague’s architecture and Old Town – absolutely nothing like it anywhere else in the world!
TOPICS COVERED DURING THE WEEK
- The shadow of communist past & the process of transformation to a capitalist economy
- Overcoming cultural differences & doing business successfully in CEE
- An in-depth look at the Czech Republic’s role in international supply chain management
- Predicting consumer behavior and profitability through data mining
- The art of craft manufacturing – from beer to glass to consumer goods
- The Eurozone – current state and future predictions – will the Czech Rep ever join?
- The Czech Republic – a hotbed for start-ups & innovation