We are an academic study trip design company. Founded in 1999, we work with business communities worldwide to deliver experiential programs that make a difference in the way students learn.
WHO WE ARE
INTERNATIONAL STUDY TOURS
We work closely with business schools to design fully customized academic study tours around the world for undergraduate, MBA, and EMBA programs. Using our world-wide network of professionals, we provide both the academic and logistic arrangements for over 190 programs per year.
We support companies’ training and development professionals in providing international field trips to facilitate team building, networking, cross-cultural experiences, and leadership development programs.
Our experiential learning projects marry the skills of business students with the needs of social (for-profit) entrepreneurs, microfinance institutions and other organizations who ‘do well by doing good’.
Our broad network of speakers and organizations enables you to tailor a program to your specific needs and interests in more than 80 destinations worldwide.
Estonia: The Next Silicon Valley?
Objective: To observe how companies use big data to improve business efficiency.
- Tour of ABB facilities for an in-depth look and discussion of their eco-innovative strategies
- Attending the Nordic & Baltic hi-tech start up conference Latitude59 and networking with top class entrepreneurs
- Visiting e-Estonia showroom & discussing life in a digital society
- Day trip to Helsinki by boat
Topics covered during the week:
- Eco-innovative strategies
- The development of the start-up scene in Nordic & Baltic regions
- The impact of new technologies on Estonia‘s future
Brazil: Economics of Poverty
Objective: To learn how social issues in the country impact its economy and future development.
- Discussing the future of Bolsa Familia program with Rio de Janeiro’s Mayor’s office representatives
- Helping local NGOs explore solutions to alleviate poverty through case study analysis
- Reflecting on social inequality issues with directors of Fundacao Telefonica
- Cultural immersion workshop with locals in a favela
- Attending Brazilian soccer game
Topics covered during the week:
- BRICS – is the economic miracle over?
- Investments towards the eradication of poverty
- Leading trends in CSR programs domestically and abroad
- Social entrepreneurship
- Brand advertising across the classes and consumer behaviour differentiation
Vietnam: The Road From a Frontier Market to an Emerging One
Objective: To understand Vietnam’s growing industries and current trends in manufacturing, technology and entrepreneurship. Highlights:
- Visiting a global, Australian clothing manufacturer to learn about their vertical integration strategy within Vietnam’s apparel & textile sector
- Team-up with local entrepreneurs for information & idea exchange; tackling real-world challenges facing their businesses at Start-Up Lab
- Case study with the head of global advertising agency BBDO to explore the influences of Vietnam’s youth demographics on advertising and marketing practices
- Half-day volunteering session at a local NGO dedicated to serving underprivileged youth
- Foodie motorbike tour in Ho Chi Minh City city for a taste of local culture and cuisine
Topics covered during the week:
- Vietnam's economy and its position in the region
- Tailoring business strategies to Vietnamese market
- What’s making Vietnam a good place for business
- How to support the growth of entrepreneurial ecosystems
We are active on our social networks and our blog. Learn more about what's trending at ISP now.
25. 11. 2016 ISP and Social Responsibility As a the most dominant generational force, Millennials are driving change, innovation, and demand. One of the key areas of interest is... As a the most dominant generational force, Millennials are driving change, innovation, and demand. One of the key areas of interest is social responsibility. In response to increasing ethical consciousness, many businesses (ISP included) are seeking ways to balance profit and purpose for both employees and consumers, and the curricula of business education has evolved according to these trends. […]
14. 10. 2016 Millennials and Social Responsibility Millennials have over taken Baby Boomers as the largest generation in America, which means that they not only represent the largest segment... Millennials have over taken Baby Boomers as the largest generation in America, which means that they not only represent the largest segment of the US workforce, but also compose the largest demographic of consumers. Whether as consumers or business owners, Millennials have different priorities. One of them is social responsibility and social impact. As global […]
17. 8. 2016 China Study Tour – Highlight of my University Degree Today we have a guest post from Brandon Lawrence, Assistant Accountant at Thomas & Associates and student of Flinders University.... Today we have a guest post from Brandon Lawrence, Assistant Accountant at Thomas & Associates and student of Flinders University. In July he travelled to China with his faculty, to gain firsthand experience of Chinese business culture. Brandon spent the first half of his trip in Tianjin. The second half, spent in Beijing, […]
20. 7. 2016 Changing perspectives on Vietnam with ISP Working for ISP has taught me a huge amount about business environments around the world, but as Marketing Manager I needed to... Working for ISP has taught me a huge amount about business environments around the world, but as Marketing Manager I needed to understand the ISP experience from the students’ perspective in order to gain a better understanding of our client’s needs. So in July, I packed my bags and travelled to Ho Chi Minh, […]
30. 5. 2016 How Millennials View Diversity Since 1999 ISP has seen increased participation on our programs by the millennial generation, who are estimated to comprise over 75% of the... Since 1999 ISP has seen increased participation on our programs by the millennial generation, who are estimated to comprise over 75% of the workforce by 2025. Much has already been written about the tech-savvy, digitally connected, socially oriented and progressive millennials – but how, specifically, have millennials educated and inspired ISP? An ongoing challenge that […]